30. december 2011

Halfway through!

,
In the spirit of New Year and the fact that I now am more or less midway in my cyclo cross season, therefore I thought it was time for some overall year view. Not the complete year, otherwise I’ll ever be able to complete this post... 

On the racing perspective, all my training and racing was built up for living and racing the real cyclo cross down here in Belgium. In august all my Belgium dreams collapsed because my former team closed down, and left me without any bikes, wheels or other equipment 1½ month before the season start. So all of a sudden it looked like, that there were not going to be any Belgium cross trip for me. Luckily I got everything sorted out, and as you know, I’m down here and doing it. Living my childhood dream out as a prof bike racer in Belgium.

I can go on forever talking about Belgium, cyclo cross and racing, just because I really like it. I still get amazed that you actually can see cyclo cross in TV you don’t have to watch some live-streaming on your computer. I’m more or less halfway through my 6 months stay! In 3 days I’m for the first time since September heading north, towards Denmark! I’m looking forward to meeting friends and seeing family, especially my younger brother, it’s gonna be nice. But when this is said, I’m also really looking forward to come back home again, and finish this cross season in a proper way.  

During the off-season, I had some of my best time racing on my MTB  and I have done some good thinking down here, and next year I’ll be racing way more on my mountain bike, simply because that I love it! It kind of reminds me of cyclo cross J

If you have been a follower of my blog, you will know that I have been doing a lot of thinking! A lot of wandering about what I’m doing, what I want to do or simply about how I would like to live my life. None of these questions has been answered yet, and I haven’t found the perfect solution or the golden mean yet!

But what I have found out, and what I consider as way more important; is how I DO NOT what to live my life. I have discovered that the last couple of years I have been living in a small bubble and wasting (in some aspects) my life, and forgetting all about my dreams and desires I had! So far this Belgium trip has been quite an eye-opener! Let’s see what I can get out of it, when I’m back in DK the 20th February. 

Happy New Year Everybody

Drink a beer or two for me! I’ll be celebrating New Year with hopefully a good ride in Baal the first of January.

/Nikoline

0 comments to “Halfway through!”

Send en kommentar

 

Nikoline Hansen Blog Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger