30. november 2011

,
Sorry guys for not posting any race reports or just a little note on how things went. The true is that the WC in Koksijde didn't go as I had hopped. I don't know what really happen, and I might not never know. The week up til Koksijde I was sick, not laying in bed sick, just got hit by a really nasty cold with a sore throat, even though I felt better and better during the week, my body was just drained of strength! So ended 31, not the best but nothing I can do about it.

My roommate and good friend Vicki, (you can follow her here http://ottawa.cx/) had a very bad crash on the pre-ride friday at the course, where she fractured a vertebra, which kind of put things into perspective. I just hope for a good and quick recovery for her.
By the way, went to Gieten (nord of the Netherland) sunday aswell, where I rode a comfortable 15th. place home. The weather was bad - rain and stormy conditions just made this race so hard, and I was so tired, sometimes I barely could hang on the group, but I kept on fighting, and it was first on the last lap, that our group got split up.

I just want to say thanks to Ignace & Vicki for the great company and the help this weekend.

Monday afternoon Vicki & I decided to go to Aarschot for a walk-around the city and a cafe stop. It was a great afternoon and times just flew by. You know sometimes pictures says more then a 1000 words!











This weekend I don't have any racing - which is nice! Want to be complete fresh again before the big block of racing starts again.

See you out there.

NB: started a small knitting project.... Never done that before! I will let you know, how things are progressing.

0 comments to “ ”

Send en kommentar

 

Nikoline Hansen Blog Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger