4. december 2011

Wearing the hat of a tourist!

,
After more than 2 months in Belgium was it this weekend time to take away the cyclo-cross hat, and instead I found the tourist side up! It was time to bring out the camera, wander sneakers and the rain jacket. Yes rainjacket!! After weeks with good weather and nice temperatures the rain has, some would say finally, found Belgium!

After not having time for camera shoots during the last period of training and racing. I haven't really looked on the battery status, which turned out to be a big failure, because after the first picture of the city Leuven, the camera died! Luckily Vicki had brought hers!

I have a very big weakness, which is magazines or catalogs. I can spend hours just looking, flipping and reading them. In Leuven there is a international magazine store.... can you see where this is going??? Yeah in a short period of time I was in heaven, all this magazines from all over the world. I really pulled my self together and only bought 3 travel magazines. So now I'm trying to figure out where my next adventure is going.

We spend hours just wandering around the city, looking at everything from Belgium chocolate to old buildings and fancy shops. At the Punto Cafe I had a big hot chokolate and a good brownie. You can't be in Belgium without trying all their great chocolate. At almost every corner there is chocolate, and it's "unfortunately" really really good. It's addictive!

I'm definitely going back, still lots of small cobblestone side roads to experience and cafes to visit. Next time I will remember to have fully charged batteries on my camera. I had a good time being a tourist in the country I for this winter call home.


0 comments to “Wearing the hat of a tourist!”

Send en kommentar

 

Nikoline Hansen Blog Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger