4. januar 2012

HOME vs home

,
I'm back in Denmark, getting ready for National on sunday, before I once again turn the car towards south and Belgium. I arrived last monday at midnight in Odense, which is my home town, on all my documents, but I couldn't help feeling like a stranger, or maybe more like a quest in what used to be our home - my home. I took my self putting my toothbrush back in my toiletry after use in stead of just at it's normal place in the bathroom, but it didn't feel right. 

All this returning back to DK for a short period of time, has really pushed to my concept of what and where home is? For the moment I can't seem to find home.... Is home my place in Odense where I haved lived together with Jacob for the last 4 years or is home the place down south in Fårhus, where I crew up and lived for 18 years, or is it Blauberg (B) where I have stayed since September! What it it, that makes a home home?  Any ideas or suggestion? Almost all that I have beloved is in Belgium, maybe this will chance in February when the real date for returning "home" is? Maybe this ambiguous feelings will start to fade down or get even worse, who knows. 

I have discovered that I say going home to Blauberg and going back to Denmark, so maybe home is Belgium, it's hard to indicate. Who knows, maybe the old phrase, home is where the heart is has a hint of about it. That home is whatever place you belong to.... 

1 comments:

  • 4. januar 2012 kl. 12.54
    Vicki says:

    Nikoline, I know exactly what you mean. I find myself calling Blauberg home and then when I return to Ottawa after the season I feel a bit "out of sorts". I find that so long as Marc and Murphy are with me, then I feel at home. Yes, home is where the heart is. Best of luck this weekend.

    delete

Send en kommentar

 

Nikoline Hansen Blog Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger