18. november 2011

A busy week!

,

Let’s see, last time I left you guys, I had just almost finished my bachelor assignment, I can now proudly say that it’s handed over and out of my control. Now all I can do is to wait for my grades to arrive, I think I should know how it went within a month. This a really long blog post, so I highly recommend that you will take 1-2 coffee breaks!

Jacob came down here last weekend, on a surprise weekend trip, which was awesome. So for the super prestige race in Hamme-Zogge I had not only my boyfriend to help me out, but also an amazing mechanic Carsten, who drove all the way from Denmark, so help me in the pits. I really appreciate it, and maybe all this lovely help paid off, because I had a really good ride where I felt really strong. The start can always go better, and I know that I have to work on being more aggressive, but when this is said, I’m very satisfied with that race. I just enjoyed every aspect, loved the course. It was so classic Belgium cyclo cross, which just took you up and down on stair and steep slopes, and round and round J

So thank you Carsten and Jacob for all your help that weekend!

After the race Vicki and I drove home, and made it just in time to see the elite men start. And this time we were determined not to miss one single second of the race, like we did Friday at the race Niel. I still don’t know how Sven Nys made it to the front and swapped position with Sven VANTHOURENHOUT. I am pretty sure, that I looked at the screen all the time, and didn’t talk that much. It must have happen in a split of a second, maybe when I glanced! The night after the race in Hamme-Zogge I had trouble sleeping because my body couldn’t find any rest. Normally a good sign of hard racing, but if I had just knew that Monday would be so busy, then I would have tried even harder to fall asleep.

Because Monday turned out to be a busy Monday. After sleeping in until the sun kisses my bu**, Vicki and I decided to take the cross bikes and go for a spin off in the woods. This was one of our best descions so fare! The forest was so quite, and the trails just twisted ahead of us, which made so much fun riding. After a quick shower and lunch, it was time to turn on the car, and pick up Emil (a U-23 rider from DK) who lives in Heist-Op-Den-Berg, and then off to VanEyck – THE bike store here in Belgium. If Vaneyck doesn’t have it, then you are gonna have a hard time finding it. Because of all the road-work around Geel it took us, 1½ hour, normal procedure 30min. We ended up parking the car, and then took the rest of the adventure on foot. But in the end we found it, and everybody got what the needed. Then back to Heist op den Berg, where we were invited at thee and pancakes. The time was starting to run out for me, because I had to be back at the house around 17:30 because I had a concert with Björn, that I wouldn’t miss. But before we could go home, Victor took us to the masseur, so that we in the further know, where to go!

And then it defiantly was time to go home – I had my first “night” out in Antwerp, and didn’t want to be late for that. Back home in the House I only managed to make some oatmeal with apple, before it was time to leave and drive to Antwerp – essentially the Lotto arena! The concert was great, I had so much fun, and I ended home in Blauberg around midnight! VOLBEAT – the band we heard played a 2 hour concert and next morning I still felt like flying and I could do again and again.

After this very busy Monday, the days again began looking “normal” with training, eating and relaxing. This afternoon my parents are coming to visit me. The Super prestige in Asper-Gavere, will be my mum’s first Belgium cyclo cross race, just as it was for me, so many years ago.

0 comments to “A busy week!”

Send en kommentar

 

Nikoline Hansen Blog Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger