24. november 2011

wandering mind...

,
Today was the day, which I have look forward to since I woke up Tuesday with a cold. Snot has just flowed in the rushing tide since that day. You know sometimes history just repeats itself - maybe it's just my fate to be sick up til Koksijde... I don't know!

This no-training days are always a bite weird, you look so much forward to them, and when you finally don't have to do anything, except for getting your gear ready, you end up with far too much time, which in my case always cause my mind to wander...

It's not healthy with too much time! As a bike racer I'm used to having to kill time in front of the computer or TV in order to rest properly before a race... but today the off-day causes my mind to wander. Thinking on everything from how my body will perform on Saturday to the worldcup in Koksijde, to what will happen when I get back to Denmark! Do you still have a job, will I pass my bachelor degree? How long should I, would I, could I keep on doing this biker bum life??? I have been racing since I was 8 years old, started when I was 6 with begging my dad to sign me up for a bicycle so that I could start racing. The winter of 1995 I started training, and 1996 I got my license and started racing - 16 years on the bike so far!!! That is a lot time not just spend on the bike, but as a bike racer you are never off the bike! Everything that you do off or on the bike, concerns your performs on the bike both physical and mentally - so a no training day as today sometimes is just as hard as a 5 hours hard training ride.

0 comments to “wandering mind...”

Send en kommentar

 

Nikoline Hansen Blog Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger