19. december 2011

Namur worldcup

,
The mood here in Belgium and on this blog hasn't been the best the last couple of weeks. I haven't felt good on the bike, and together with the loss of power in the legs, my mojo and good spirit faded out. After never finding my rhythm last weekend in Scheldecross and Overijse I decided not to race the GVA in Essen, instead I drove to Namur in order to pre-ride the worldcup course. And what I course! Mud, steep up and downhills and fast flat out power sections. It was one of the hardest courses I have ever riding! Before I went to bed, I told my self, that no matter what happen the next day at the worldcup I just wanted to have fun again. Because I don't know what will happen next season, and therefore it's just waist of good energy being frustrated on how racing is going or not going. I came down here with the purpose of having fun while racing, not thinking on results, Danish championship or qualification for the Worldchampionship, and I ended up being frustrated, sad and enclosed. 

So with this in mind, I stood ready at the start line, ready for some serious fun, and fun it was. I literally blew up my start, which meant a lot of hard work trying to capture the time I lost in the start. I ended up as nr. 28, not the best result, but I had fun all the way.  
Kris Claeye took this amazing picture of me, after I crossed the finish line. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp0eeVcjxDw This is a video from the Worldcup Namur!

Now a big block of racing has begun, which is the best Christmas present I could ever wish for, and I think my mojo is back :-)

0 comments to “Namur worldcup”

Send en kommentar

 

Nikoline Hansen Blog Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger