21. november 2011

Recovery day

,

After last weekend race in Hamme-Zogge, where I finished 11th which was my best Belgium cross race results ever, I felt confident on my current shape/form. Because of next weekend world cup in Koksijde, I had some hard training last week towards the race in Asper-Gavere, but with a day off Friday, and a good ride Saturday, I felt ready for the next section of the Superprestige race series.

The race in Asper-Gavere was for a couple of years ago, my first meeting with the Belgium cyclocross scene, so already before the start I had a special relation with the course.

Last time I rode this race, I was forced to leave after only a few laps, because of a broken derailleur hanger, and some bad crashing on a very muddy course. So it was with feelings that I stood at the start line. The course is because of its placement always wet, and despite the very dry conditions we have had in


After a super start where I in the first couple of laps where at the 7th position, I felt a bit back in the peloton because I didn’t has the same power on the steep climb, as the other girls on the climb, so I’ll need to w
ork on getting more power in the legs for further races. I felt really good on the descents, where I felt that I was able to keep good speed. So after a good solid ride I could cross the finish line as nr. 10 – which is my best cross results ever at a C1 race.Belgium the last 2 months, al lot of the corners where wet and slippery.

Today my longest ride was to the grocery shop. I took out the city-bike and drove the 3km to the Lidl and Delhaize, where I filled my backpack with food and other products. Today has been a rest day, where most of my time has been in front of the computer or TV, but tomorrow is it back to proper training again.

0 comments to “Recovery day”

Send en kommentar

 

Nikoline Hansen Blog Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger